Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My New Friend #moo

Going to Giverny was more than I imagined, being able to see the place where Monet found the inspiration for his paintings was unreal.  The fact that I was able to be surrounded by nature did wonders for my soul.  I am a very spiritual person and in order to feel wholly connected to this Earth, I need to be around animals and plants.  To be frank, the only time I see beauty these days is when I’m out in nature.  Nature is so important. I find the hustle and bustle of cities to be exhausting. Especially cities filled with tourists and their God-forsaken selfie sticks. 






Despite the fact that the place was filled with annoying tourists, it was an incredible experience because I was able to appreciate how beautiful the planet is without being taken over by humans.  It’s not that I hate people, it’s just that sometimes I’m that person who would rather be chilling with the cows than dealing with people.  People can be very complicated, whereas animals are simple.  While it’s true that technically humans are animals too, animals haven’t been corrupted by modern distractions like social media. 


Anyway, after I walked around the jardin for a bit, I made my way over to the fields where the cows were grazing.  You would not believe how incredibly gratifying it was to see how perfectly pure the scenery was. Granted I probably took way too much photos of the cows, but I couldn't help it! I was blown away at how untouched it looked; the fields (and the cows) looked as if no time had passed from when Monet stood and painted to the present day.  

There was one cow in particular that I had somewhat of a moment with.  I noticed him slowly starting to make his way over to me, as if he knew that I wanted him to approach me. Eventually, he came all the way up to the fence and just stared at me. I wonder what he was thinking: was he confused as to why a human was staring at him or was it just a coincidence that he standing so close? Sometimes, I think about how humans are looked at from an animal's perspective...

No comments:

Post a Comment