Monday, July 13, 2015

Bordeaux

My birthday trip, Yeah!! I went to Bordeaux two days after my birthday! One day I learnt on this trip is that BOOK TICKETS ADVANCE. Since I wasn't sure whether we got that weekend free, I bought my ticket at the last minute, most of the times are not available anymore, and the rest tickets are extremely expensive compare to others.

After 5 hours train ride, the beautiful city Bordeaux is right in front of me. Bordeaux is a port city on the Garonne River in southwestern of France. There are nicknames for the city "La perle d'Aquitaine" means the pearl of Aquitaine and "La Belle Endormie" Sleeping Beauty. Because the old city had black walls due to pollution. But now it is renovated.

Bordeaux is known for their wine. It is home to the world's main wine fair. It has been produced in the region since the 8th century. I remembered some of my friends told me that any wine you had in Bordeaux is good. I thought he was just joking, after went to Bordeaux I believed what he said now.

I stayed in Bordeaux for two days. It is a different city from Pairs. The buildings usually have three floors and they are not fully washed, so there are lots of mix color in Bordeaux; Also comparing to Paris, Bordeaux is less busier. Walking along the river on Sunday is a pleasure. There aren't too much to see in downtown Bordeaux, for next stay it will be better to drive, so that I will be able to visit all the wine chateau, because there are lots more going out outside of downtown Bordeaux.

I got amazing pictures, great good and awesome wine in Bordeaux. Really enjoyed my stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment