Tuesday, July 28, 2015

la nuit des musées

For once, I did the thing that I decide to do. On May 16th, I actually went to the Muséum national d'Histoire naturelle on the museum night. Thanks to my Parisian friend who told me about this event. I went there and waited for an hour to get in. An hour waiting is definitely worth the  waiting though. The museum was founded in 1793 during the French revolution.

So basically it is the museums and cultural institutions remain open late into the night. And it is free for people to visit the place on that night. 

The first La nuit des musees was took place in Berlin 1997. The concept has been very well received, and the number of participating institutions and exhibitions has risen dramatically since then. The number has risen to 125 with over 200000 people taking part in 2007.


No comments:

Post a Comment