Sunday, July 12, 2015

Never Forget

            I haven't done plenty of things since I was born, but I didn't expect to hike over a mountain during the last weeks of the program. That was one of the things that made the trip special. There couldn't be any expectation as to how these trips would've turned out had certain unlucky things not have happened to our group. But, those were just minor inconveniences that were quickly corrected and without incident.
            During the last group trip at Marseilles the air was different around us. With the school quarter winding down to its last days we knew that our time in France was fast approaching it's end. It didn't really feel like it was the very last big thing until we got back to Paris. There couldn't have been a doubt in anyones mind that we were nearing the end.

            Without a shadow of a doubt the Marseilles trip was pretty good. After all I had seen a bunch of what Paris had to offer, but obviously not everything that was possible to see was seen. And being able to go to the very south of France was also pretty good to be able to see and experience a different France than that of the capital, Paris. Marseilles is a quaint little port town that is a popular vacation spot for Parisians looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and I experienced just why they do so. It really felt like it was summer in May with the incredible heat that caused me to purchase some flip-flops and slather my body in sunscreen. There wasn't anything keeping me from enjoying myself at Marseilles lest my experience be diminished in some way. And I do believe that this experience as a whole has been nothing short of a fantastic time that nobody will easily forget.

1 comment:

  1. Octavian, I couldn't agree more. My french teachers at the Alliance were constantly taking about how people were either "Parisian" or just not. This was a concept that I did not fully understand until visiting Marseilles. The people were so much different, so much more relaxed, and not necessarily completely up-kept. It was an eye-opening trip to be able to see some other parts of France.

    ReplyDelete