Friday, July 3, 2015

Vallée de la Loire

When I was a kid I was very much into wizardry, and vampires (just Dracula actually), I used to live in that world, dress myself as a vampire or a Harry Potter character... I was also obsessed with castles, and so when my parents went to France in 2001 to visit the Valley de la Loire, they brought me a book with pictures of all the castles. The book was in French, so I couldn’t really read anything but I would look at the pictures and imagine how cool it all was, how I wanted to visit them and live in one of them...

Who would have thought that years later I would go visit some of them, and I actually saw the one I liked the most from the book. It was the Chateau de Chenonceau. 




I loved how it was in the middle of the river, that idea of isolation was pretty cool to me.

Even though it was great to go to Chenonceau, I really loved Chambord and Amboise, so I wouldn’t be able to pick one castle.




No comments:

Post a Comment