Friday, July 3, 2015

Marseille stories

Oh Marseille...
So different from Paris, yet French nonetheless.

I personally hated Marseille, but it’s because it has nothing to really offer me. I’m not a fan of the beach, I don’t like too much sun, and it didn’t look like a French city at all. It could pass as a city in the north of Brazil or Spain, yet I had a lot of fun there, i went Kayaking, I saw the Calanques, was too scared to die anywhere else that wasn’t Paris, so did not go mountain climbing, but had fun.




I can see why the Parisians hate people from Marseille, I almost agree and I was only there for a few days. I think it’s the sun that might make people a bit weird, in Brazil we have the same fight between two big cities, Sao Paulo and Rio, Rio has too much soon, so people tend to be lazy and more relaxed, they go to the beach too much, while in Sao Paulo people read more, they tend to be more passionate about food, there are many great restaurants and not just sea food.

I can see the parallel between Paris and Marseille.

But what can I say? I’m a Paris kissass...

No comments:

Post a Comment