Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Paris est toujours une fête...

     I am fortunate enough to say that I spent the eve of my 21st birthday roaming the streets of Paris with some friends whilst drinking Monoprix's (ironically delicious) 1,60 € "bottles" of wine.  In addition to being completely blown away by my own fortune, it was nice to see how young Parisians spend their weekends.  When we walked along the Seine, we saw so many people sitting along the side with their friends drinking, smoking, and just enjoying each others company.  It is obvious that in Paris, its inhabitants really take advantage of the beauty the city has to offer.  Maybe I am oblivious to it, but I feel like back in the States it would be uncommon for you to find a bunch of people having an outdoor party on a Friday night.  The cultures in the United States and France are just so different.  Personally, I find this change of pace invigorating; I like how I can go out almost any night of the week and see people out and about.

     But I digress, let's get back to the matter at hand: my unforgettable 21st birthday weekend...

     After we walked around the Seine for a bit, I thought it was time to go to my first bar.  I decided that I wanted to have my first drink at this really awesome bar called the Lizard Lounge.  Situated in the 4th arrondissement, the Lizard Lounge (or the Twisted Lizard as it's been called by tipsy Magdalena) is a bar that boasts a chill, fresh vibe making it attractive to young people.  While the bar is very anglo-friendly, we were still able to talk with some of the locals and practice French.

     The bartender was also pretty amazing because he gave us free shots since it was my birthday.  I'm actually not sure what was in it because he said it was their "special mystery birthday shot," mais bon, it was good anyway.  (Oh and one more detail I forgot to mention HE SET IT ON FIRE, so yeah, there was that too.)  I'd like to say that I was responsible and only had that one shot, but... C'était pas le cas.  After the shot, I had two cocktails, so in combination with the wine from earlier that night, I was having a grand old time.  The good news is that I was sober enough to remember my address when I took a cab home. The bad news is that I had to sleep off my hangover on Saturday (Sorry Bob...). Putting the hangover aside, my 21st birthday was incredible and I feel so blessed to have been able to spend it in this wonderful city!  

 
Shots, shots, shots...

First cocktail ever! 

Too happy to function. 

Love these dorks <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment