Thursday, May 7, 2015

Approximate Opportunities

Like everyone else I'm sure, I made a few plans to travel after our time here in paris. First with my friend Kelsey from home, then with my parents, and then with Alec. My return date is August 5th.

Ever since Kelsey booked her flight here, it seems I've been almost entirely preoccupied with planning our trains, busses, flights, and lodging. Surprisingly, it has been rather consuming. Both horrible and exciting. Hours spent scouring the internet for deals and so much paper wasted figuring out logistics.

Finally, after a few weeks of doing this almost entirely on my own (it was almost harder to work collaboratively on this, from across the ocean and with the time difference and all), all of our travel and lodging expenses have been booked.

Within the span of ten days we will be spending time in Paris, Ghent, Brussels, Amsterdam and Berlin. It all came out to 405.04USD. Not too bad right?

Not that I can be retrospective in regards to something I am still presently experiencing, but I almost feel that way already.
It's an odd phenomenon.

There is so much to do here. Here in Paris of course, here in France, but really just here in general. It makes me anxious to think that I will return to the states without having seen everything. Once I was done booking everything, I felt so relieved. But I also wondered if perhaps there were places we should go that would be better, different in a way that no where else is. And the truth is that there are. It's a hard thing to accept that we can't see it all. Lately I've been finding it so difficult that I forget to enjoy what I can see.

But it is all so beautiful. Yesterday I sat in the jardin de Luxembourg for about the 40th time since I've been here. But it felt new again for some reason. I wrote a little poem, read a bit. And it appeared to be a  place that was unlike anywhere else. Even the place it was just the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment