Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sans musique

Since I've been here, oddly enough I feel that there has been a huge lack of music in my life. I haven't been listening to any albums that really grab me, anything that I need to immerse myself in and listen to almost exclusively all month. That's a rather sad feeling. A lack of passion, I would say.

The one that's even harder though, is how much I miss my guitar. I miss my guitar so much I want to cry just thinking about it now. My fingertips have gone soft. And I'm not even that great at guitar... I just miss making music. Even a piano would do. I just want something to sing with! And I'm not even that good at singing!

It's a feeling in my throat that I get, like the one you have when you really really want to laugh but are in a situation in which you have to stifle it. I want to scream, I want to make noise. Every time I have traveled in the pass, I was always able to at least bring my mini guitar. And my mini guitar is really shitty and has a broken string right now but I would be fine with some Dmajor fucked up G chords just to put a little tune together.

I wonder what this says about me and my ability to express things. What are the things I can't say or express in any other way but transforming them into music? How much happier would this experience be for me if I had the opportunity to find out while I'm here?


No comments:

Post a Comment